Monday, October 19, 2009

When to Call It Quits?

At what point do you call it quits on a job?I'm coming up on my time to re-enlist, and I'm realy not feeling it. Usually I get a feeling of optimism and look forward to four to six more years.

Is it that McGuire sucks the hope and optimism out of anyone stationed here? Is it the fast pace of life here in the Mid-Atlantic? Is it the oxymoron of the title "City of Brotherly Love," which could be a topic all on its own? Is it just the new Air Force culture?

Now, I totally agree with working out. However, keeping your job should not hinge on being in shape. I have watched the Air Force go from a culture of not working out and just maintaining a good weight; to testing how fit you are. I just don't want to be told how fit I am, and how and when to workout.

But at the end of the day, I will most likely re-enlist for another six years and retire after 20 years. Struggling with my fitness tests the whole way through.

- Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers