Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cars II

The process of getting a car seems to have turned into a two day affair, and if you don't have excellent credit, you don't even get a reach around. We went to get David a new car, of course he has to have the $50,000 Tahoe. What we should have done was gone in, done a test drive, filled out the paperwork, and then on our way out the door told them to call us when the answer came back.

These days right after the banks mostly went belly up, the dealerships all want a couple thousand dollars down, and David wants to try putting nothing down. As soon as I knew that, I knew we weren't getting the car.

A friend of mine said to just look in the want ads for a car. It made me wonder at what point did the car industry decide to make cars that were ment to be thrown away? I know that the advent of the computer driven car is what sent the shade tree mechanic to an early grave.

1 comment:

  1. When I traded in my gas guzzler a little over a year ago, I went in knowing exactly how much I was able to spend, how much I wanted my payments to be and that the dealer would be paying off my trade, paying tax, title and license. I think I scared the poor salesgirl, she just didn't know how to deal with me. First time she came back with a figure I said no. Second time she came back I said no and I'll take my keys back. She said we'll have to run your credit report, and why didn't you already to that?? Third time her boss came in. I told him what I wanted and got it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers