Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Acadia Trip - Day 1








Today I woke up and took the boys for a walk. While I waited for David to get up, i worked on my blanket some more. After he got out of bed, we took the boys for a ride so we could get showers and get some groceries. I have to admit, this is the first time I had ever seen pay showers. You got four minutes of water for $2 in quarters; ingenious that should make someone a decent living near a park that doesn't have showers. After groceries, we went back to camp to have burgers for lunch, and drop off the boys so we could go up to the visitors center in the park.

On the way to the Visitors Center in the park, we stopped off at a few of the scenic pull offs and took pictures. I'm thinking I will add some of our pictures to my journal when we get home and I can edit this better. While at the Visitor's center, we got our National Parks passport and saw the introductory film for the park. We went on some more of the Park Loop Road and stopped at the Nature Center and the Abbé museum here in the park. We are thinking about going back there tomorrow and looking at the gardens there if it's not raining.

After seeing what I've gotten to see today, I really think we need to preserve areas like the National Parks. Not preserve them so they never change, the planet is evolving every day so that is very hard to do, but preserve the space so that it is always wild and can evolve and change naturally the way God intends. You see, God is in the details of life and you never know what He wants us to do and/or see.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iTouch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers