Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just Another Day

Well, I woke up this morning at 0400, an hour before my alarm clock went off......UGGGG! I really miss home, and I've only been down here for four days. It's too hot to sleep well at night since the AC in my dorm room only goes down to 72 degrees F. I also think that I'm not sleeping well, because I don't have two dogs laying on me during the night. I'm hoping that I get a good fatigue sleep over the weekend, and not in class. This class is going to be a really good experience for me. I'm learning how to be a better writer when it comes to Official Correspondance. I'll learn to be a better public speaker with the five to six speeches we have to give while we're here.

It's official, the legislation to repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and the yearly cost of living raise for the military was not passed today. I think it has to do with the fact that there are too many Senators up for re-election this fall, and they don't want their names attached to the bill. Let's face it, the majority of people who vote, still think that being gay is a choice......i.e. our grandparents. I just wish that the rest of the public could see that it is not different from "Seperate But Equal" it is legalized discrimination. It really pisses me off to know that we are so politically correct when it comes to racial and sexual discrimination, that we are numb to the discrimination that is occuring based on who someone is sexually attracted to. I mean, I'm not allowed to use the N word or call someone of Hispanic origin a Wetback, but it's perfectly ok for gays to have to suffer in silence in the closet or when ever someone calls them a fag. The really sad thing is that the gay community just sits there and takes it. They don't rally together to expell representatives that won't vote to allow for gay marriage or repeal this law. I guess all of the strong willed gays have died out from AIDS or old age. Where are the Queens who started the Stonewall Riots?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers