Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dark Days and Thoughts

Yesterday started out as a wonderful day. I was up at 0300 because Mom Skerrett was caughing and then just when I stared to go back to sleep, the alarm went off for me to get up and head out for PT. The drive to base was wonderful with a sunrise that was just spectactular, the kind of sunrise that you would be happy if it was the last one you ever saw again. And according to a quackpot, it was supposed to be. I came home to little Miss Sarah wanting a hug which was just wonderful.

About four hours after I came home it was time for me to leave for my reef club meeting. That was a real joy. My day got shot to hell on my way home from the meeting. I was driving down the road when all of a sudden a guy passed me on the two lane highway, lost control of his car, and was ejected and bounced off of the guard rail, only to have the car bounce off of his body five mins later. It is a grizzly scene that will haunt me for the rest of my life. It made me realize just how precious life is and just how dangerous distracted driving really can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers